Monday, July 19, 2010

the great 23.

Well I did it.
I lived to see the age of 23. My life is complete.
This year my birthday was spread out over the course of a few days.
My actual birthday was spent partially on a boat in Lake Powell (hey, no complaints here!) And partially in transit back to Provo. I did receive lots of love and text messages that day and they were greatly greatly appreciated. I kind of forgot it was my birthday that day... :)
We decided to go out to dinner for mine and my little sister, Julia's birthday who was turning 14 only 5 days later. So off to Cheesecake Factory we went where we stuffed our faces with too many cheesecakes and gave Julia the best present ever: LOVE.
Just kidding. Bare Minerals MAKEUP! HELLO!
The next day, Kirk and Ani were scheming something together. I only knew this because they failed at trying to keep it a secret. I caught them texting each other while in the car with me about 10 times. But, when Kirk and I came home from dinner, I found a bouquet of balloons and presents and a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake AND a hula-hoop. (Reference picture above.)
I don't really know the meaning behind the hula-hoop but I enjoyed it.
22: You treated me pretty well. I am sad to see you go. Really, I am.
23: You better not let me down. I have big plans for you. Don't you turn into 24 until I am finished with you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

2 comments:

The Millers said...

happy happy birthday alix!!! i am super jealous of your hula hoop!

vanessa said...

this is the first time i read your blog and it's awesome!just wanted to say happy birthday, even though i am a little late on that!