Thursday, September 8, 2011

Officially official.


Listen up ya'll!
(ok I'm totally not southern at all, wish I was, but I ain't. Oh, there I go again.)
We have set a date!
Give me a fabulous March 10, 2012!
We have spent months deliberating on this verdict and although when I tried to set our date with the Oakland Temple, they said they only book 6 months from the date. However, with Kirk's new business venture and his busy busy schedule, and my tendency to procrastinate, we feel as though this is the best date and we couldn't be more excited!
It's all becoming so much more real.
We do realize however, that this means we will be engaged for a good 7 more months and I am feeling only a smidge anxious about it, but I mean, we have been dating for 4 years. We could practically write a book about it (hey, there's a million dollar idea!).
I have a feeling that when we get married, I will still be weirded out with myself - the one who will probably never give in to growing up. I seriously still feel like I'm wearing someone else's ring and every once in a while have to convince myself that I AM actually old enough to make these big decisions.
With such decisions, I am having quite the battle at deciding on all the stupid little things.
For example:
What color do I want to use?
What kind of flowers?
Where will the venue be?
Should I even HAVE bridesmaides?
What food should I serve?
I seem to have all the answers to the things that I don't want, and when I have those conversations with people who want to help, I can feel their frustration as I'm saying "I DON'T want daisies. I DON'T want regular wedding food. I DON'T want all one or two colors."
Such answers do not narrow down any lists.
Whatever, I have always marched to the beat of my own drum. And I always get things done when I need to. I hope I don't procrastinate the entire wedding. That would be my nightmare. I know I have full control over procrastinating. But, I always have the dream that my wedding is tomorrow and nothing is planned.
I have a few other plans to finish before the blessed day.
I want to get into shape. Obviously, this will not be a quick fix. It will definitely take determination which, with my track record, has been lacking. I HATE working out and I LOVE food. Not the best combination. I think there are some people out there who possibly hate working out as much as I do... but I have always hated it. When I was on dance team and cheer and would be on regular work out schedules, I still loathed it. Some people say you gotta get over that hump and then you start to crave the work out.
This has never been true for me.
However, the time has come to suck it up and do it anyway. Whoever said being sexy was easy?
Here's to the countdown!
7 months and 2 days!

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

YAY!!! That is a wonderful wedding date! And getting married in March??? soo romantic. Early spring time? I would look on Pinterest for color and flower ideas. I think the really organic looking flower bouquets are sooo beautiful. I know the peachy pink/coral color is really in, but it is so beautiful. I think anything you choose will be wonderful! We were engaged for 6 months, but definitely didn't have 4 yrs of dating under our belt, so I'm sure you'll be fine! The 6 months were definitely tough to get through, buuuut keep your eye on a Temple wedding and you'll be fine :-)

Alex and Whitney said...

Congrats on setting a date! I think I may have mentioned to you before that I had very few ideas of what I wanted my wedding to be like. So I bought a million wedding magazines and ripped out pages that I liked. Then I would look for what was common about each flower picture, cake picture, dress picture, etc. Eventually that helped me pick out just what I wanted. And I did not have bridesmaids, but it's totally a personal call. I haven't had friends in years, so it wasn't like I felt like I was leaving someone out. Whatever you decide will get great!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Wohoo!!!! Congrats to making decisions! I think it is good that you aren't making any rash decisions, I am the opposite and then always regret it. (No I am not referring to anything important like marrying my husband, who do you think I am?) I looked at tickets to fly out, holy expensive! But I will see what I can do :) Let me know if you need anything or just need to bounce some ideas off...ahhh I am so excited for you!!

Ani said...

Sister I'm so excited I can't wait for you and Kirk to tie the knot (PS that's also a good website for ideas)! And just so you know you are great at making decisions. I'm pretty sure you are the one I have to go to when I can't make a decision and you help me. And after reading that thing about you wanting to work out - I think you should stop going to 24 and switch to Gold's. Then we can make each other go! Good idea? Yes. Run it by Kirk... Let me know what he thinks. PS Working out for dance team and cheer really did suck. I second that totally.