Monday, September 29, 2008

slight addiction


Ok, beside the obvious addiction to diet coke, chipotle, carrabbas, chips and salsa... (you get the idea.) Lately, I have been absolutely content with spending countless hours wasted by watching TELEVISION.
I especially love watching seasons of TV shows in succession. So far, I have fulfilled my deep void in my life of The Office... (my new favorite show ever... aside from Friends.) and I have just started falling in love with the comedic drama - House. Oh, it's sooo incredibly enthralling.
John and Kate PLUS Eight. A reality show on TLC that exhibits a REAL family in a lot of circumstances that may not always be perfect. I LOVE IT!
I also enjoy watching anything and ALMOST everything on the Food Network and um... call me a lame wannabe girly girl, but I cannot miss an episode of the Hills. I live vicariously through them, which translates to, I WISH I WAS THEM.
Now, I could almost guarantee that some therapist would tell me that I am trying to escape from my reality... this could be true because HELLO! Television is so much more beautiful... everything is much more GLORIOUS!

There is no cure.

5 comments:

Mike said...

it's because you live in provo

Darren and Brandi said...

YAY!!! You started watching the office?!?! I'm so proud of you! haha How thrilling :)

Alix said...

yes. it is because i live in boring provo. IT'S SO TRUE! it might also be because I work full-time and I am so tired by the end of the day that I just want to VEG.

And yes, The Office is my FAVORITE. DO you EVEN know? haha

Brittany said...

Alix, Kelly and I recently got a TIVO and it has made my TV addiction 20,000 times worse. I also love the Office and Jon and KAte + 8! I have not gotten into House but I have heard its good. I need to do that. I think I will.
P.S. I do not sew well but I am taking a class right now and I would like to learn more. Do you sew?

Jenny said...

You should try watching from the beginning to this season of One Tree Hill. My favorite show of all time. Its good.