Wednesday, March 11, 2009

words of wisdom

"Girls, Aim high, but do not aim so high that you totally miss the target.What really matters is that he will love you, that he will respect you, that he will honor you, that he will be absolutely true to you, that he will give you the freedom of expression and let you fly in the development of your own talents. He is not going to be perfect, but if he is kind and thoughtful, if he knows how to work and earn a living, if he is honest and full of faith, the chances are you will not go wrong, that you will be immensely happy." — Gordon B. Hinckley

6 comments:

Kali and JT said...

love it! So true you gotta compromise on the little things to get the right big things :)

Janet said...

sounds great to me!!! lets go get ourselves some men!!

Katie said...

Are you making an announcement?

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Oh my gosh Alix... Do I hear wedding bells? When are you getting married? ... That was a joke. Get it? I love that quote! Thanks for sharing that little tidbit (tid-bit? tid bit?) of wisdom.

Alix said...

HAHAHA!
Dear everyone,
this is not an announcement. I just saw it on someone's blog and I thoroughly enjoy it. It all makes sense. That's all.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

that is beautiful!

you are officially my blog friend!