Friday, July 29, 2011

NYC: DAY 1

My trip to NYC needs about 35 different posts.
And for some reason posting all the pictures on here kills me. It takes forever and they always need to be manually moved around and blah blah blah. And I am complaining because it really is quite the chore ok?
However, the trip was fabulous.
Minus the scorching heat that I have previously mentioned, we managed to stay alive and not melt.
I want to go back in the fall with Kirk and do more fun things.
So here goes the story:

Day ONE:
We arrived in Newark Airport at about 9:30pm. We had to find a way to get in the city and we missed the train by about 3 minutes and the next train was supposed to come in 45 minutes. 45 more minutes in the airport seemed like such a drag so we found a bus that could take us and so we opted for that.
We were dropped off on 5th Ave and some street I don't know. Just about 2 blocks from our hotel. We walked and walked and walked and walked with our suitcases through the city. My suitcase was already 49 lbs. (Don't worry, I did some major shopping whilst there.) I immediately felt like a New Yorker walking through the city with my belongings. People do so much walking carrying stuff there...
We got to the hotel and they were booked and gave away our reservation! Uh... isn't that what a reservation is for? So they don't give it away? Anyway, they gave us $80 and hailed a cab for us (how thoughtful) and sent us to their sister hotel on Wall Street... FAR AWAY. We were supposed to be staying more Downtown so we could be kind of in the middle of everything. But we were able to see the Brooklyn bridge and check out some of the city on the drive. Kirk's 2nd ride in a cab was successful. No crazy driving - but don't you worry yourselves, crazy cab drivers were present on our trip.
By this time, it was about 11pm and Kirk and I were STARVING! So we went adventuring out into the world and found a random pizza bar and ate some thin crust pizza.
It was fun to kind of walk around Wall Street at night and get a feel of what the financial district is like. It reminded me of San Francisco... since they are TOTALLY comparable. Haha...
We finally went to sleep around 1am and I slept in like CRAZY the next day.
Day TWO coming soon.

No comments: