Thursday, July 17, 2008

the clear bra scandal.

Today was my last day...
Receptioning that is. I work at the Legacy Mazda dealership in Orem and I am moving up (in this world!) to accounting where I will be fully in charge of licensing, registering and maybe a few other things. I mean, I get my own extension number and cubical I can decorate and EVERYTHING! This is very exciting.
Well, on this my last evening, a scruffy (probably homeless) old man came through the front doors and asked for a sales person. When he realized he wasn't going to win anything let alone, BUY A CAR, he left with these last words:
"Are you the one who models for this Clear Bra?"
Ok, this may be slightly confusing for those of you who do not know what a "clear bra" is... ESPECIALLY in the car business. A clear bra is a plastic spandex-y liner that can be placed on the front of your car so you can't see it, but it will protect your paint from any damage from bugs, scratches etc. We offer it at Mazda.
So this poor, unfortunate old man tried to make a play on words (I'm assuming) and quite honestly, all I could do is laugh.I am perfectly aware that I am blessed with a sizeable chest AREA but common! The jokes are a little old... I have halted the wear and fashion of my nametag because every day someone manages to comment on my name...
"Oh! Van Buskirk... I never knew that was your last name... A-L-I-X? Wow, very original."
Same to you BUDDY! haha I'm not even that mad. I find it SLIGHTLY entertaining. Good or bad?
Conclusion: I definitely have a future career in the modeling industry.

8 comments:

Katie said...

hahahah! That's hilarious! Gotta love the perverted old men.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Wow Alix. I thought that was a good story in real life face to face, but now I am realizing its even better on the Blog. Magical...and fabulous. My favorite part was "same to you buddy"

Unknown said...

I love your new hair. We looked at your blog and I think it's great! I want to start a blog! So anyway. All I can say is you look just like me! Can you guess who this is?

Unknown said...

Disregard the name up at the top of my last comment. I put in some else's name so you wouldn't know who i was. Let me just say I am a blonde haired relative on your dad's side of the family.

Meg said...

Hey Alix! I found your blog through Kali's and I thought I would drop ya line! Love your blog and I love your hair. It looks pretty darn good with those highlights. :)

Unknown said...

Alix...I just stumbled on your blog! LOVE IT!

Carlos & Karly said...

busty. need i say more?

The Aprecios said...

Hey Alix! Im glad that you too are a blogger! I can watch your every move...

PS-Youre hot :)