Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the story of brazil.

Hi.
I am going to preface this post by telling everyone who reads my blog (all 24 of you) that this story may be a little too much information if you catch my drift.
But the thing is, I don't really care. If I see you in real-life I will probably tell you all about this so why don't we save the face-to-face conversation and just spill my guts out on this here blog.
I mean, I am pretty much an open book anyway.
Moving on.
My cousin and I decided that we were brave enough to endure a waxing of the southern hemisphere... the wayyy southern hemisphere.
Why you may ask?
Well you see, I have no reason to get one other than the fact that I HATE shaving and that I was curious about the results. Everyone I know who has had one said they are painful but well worth it.
I remember one of my best friends Karlisa telling me years ago that it was the worst pain she has ever experienced.
I am crazy. I already know it.
Curiosity has gotten the best of me.
We had been planning for a couple months to go together but our schedules did not allow us to do it together and so I decided I was sick of waiting and made the appointment all by my lonesome.
So I went.
I was so nervous I was shaking... not necessarily because of the pain but for the awkwardness that inevitably would follow.
The girl told me to lay down and drape this sorry excuse for a wash cloth over myself and she will be back momentarily.
I stood in the room for a few minutes trying to decide if I really wanted to do this. I had a mental battle with myself for a good minute and weighed the pros and cons:
Eventually, I convinced myself to stay and laid on the table waiting for the girl to walk in.
She got right to business leaving no time for me to get comfortable with the idea of having some stranger see my goods.
The first rip was just as I expected. Slightly painful but nothing I couldn't handle.
I thought to myself, "I can TOTALLY do this! I can totally handle this pain."
Let me just say that there was one point where I thought to myself, "What the heck did I get myself into... I want to leave now."
But I couldn't. Because the wax was already there. And there was no way I could get out of it except to endure the pain of the rip.
I am now relearning how to walk... and a little uncomfortable.
Verdict?
It's worth it. But, not recommended for the weak of heart or low-pain tolerant.

7 comments:

Brittany said...

I did it a week before I got married and haven't done it since. although, I have been considering it again lately becuase my pregnant tummy has made it impossible for me to do any grooming "down there" and I'm starting to feel disgusting! hurts like a mother, but defintely worth it.

Darren and Brandi said...

full on brazillian or just bikini? that is very brave! good for you! i got my bikini done a couple times and then got my bikini lasered, but never a brazilian! perhaps i should give it a try :)

ALIX said...

ohhh i WISH i could do laser but unfortunately i can't quite afford it yet. the brazillian was painful! haha but i like it. haha

Kali and JT said...

Brazillian eh? I just have to ask... didn't you feel like a ten year old girl after?? just curious. I have had regular bikini waxes and I think they are the best thing ever and not even that painful

The Aprecios said...

Okay, the worst part for me was the week or two after...when things start to come back...without getting too detailed, a little itchy/uncomfortable. Ill never do it again. I hope it goes better for you!

Janet said...

i thinking i might brave it as well....perhaps you will be reading a blog post on my blog! :-) haha

Ryan and Brittany said...

oh my gosh...funniest post I have ever seen!!!! You are so brave!!! Just get a man's beard trimmer and trim that hemisphere... pain free :)