Thursday, June 2, 2011

the story of the shake weight.

Things have not been going as planned when I first purchased the Shake Weight.
I had high hopes for my arms at that point.
But, what I didn't realize is that I didn't have high hopes for my laziness.
Let me explain: I don't really feel like I have time to use the Shake Weight for 6 minutes a day.
I mean seriously, who has 6 minutes to spare? Certainly not me.
I need to sleep in until 11 and I need to go to bed at 2 am to make sure I have the most productive day I could possibly have.
That being said, I went shopping with the sister on Monday and tried on numerous things and stuff and quite honestly, shopping never puts me in the greatest mood because I realize how much I need to work out and stop eating all the good and evil treats and Rocky Mountain.
It really is so very hard though guys.
For example, yesterday I worked at noon until 4 at my first job and then straight from there I went to Rocky Mountain. I didn't eat lunch or breakfast so by the time I got to the treat store, I was starrrrving and decided that I should probably gorge myself on Oreo crumbs, ice cream and fudge. The evening was followed by my self-loathing and quite the stomach ache.
You see, I normally don't eat sugar. Not because of some high and mighty healthy reason. No no, people, self control is not my strong point. Clearly.
It's because I don't really crave it, I don't buy it, and I don't have it laying around my house on my normal day-to-day living.
However, if it's there for the taking, then I will surely eat it.
My point is simply this:
I have a wedding to go to in less than 2 weeks.
I will do the Shake Weight challenge.
6 minutes a day until I go to this blessed event.
I will document my progress.
Are you excited?

4 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

I am in the same situation! If food is in front of me, I will eat it. I am well aware of the benefits of working out. I have the ability to go to a gym even! However I haven't been to the gym in a while and I still think that I can eat s'mores for a treat after dinner. I am in a downward spiral!!! It's horrible!!!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Yes! I am excited! I seriously need to work on my arms so you have to let me know how it goes!

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

i'm excited to hear what you think! Let me know if it's worth the money.

Teeny said...

Wait until you hit your mid forties! The arm thing flabs out of control. I have a shake weight gathering dust. You have inspired me to get it out!