Thursday, January 5, 2012

the one time a kid threw up during the opening prayer.

While Kirk and I were in Washington, we were able to stay at my near and dear friends house, the Beeson's!
OH how I have missed them so!
It was the first time I have seen their new house all finished and it was spectacular! We got to watch a lot of movies in their theater room, play a lot of RockBand and eat a ton of junk... Kirk and I felt very welcomed and probably gained 20 pounds due to our free refrigerator rights.
Kirk was also able to get everyone addicted to a few iPad/iPhone games... there was only minor competition going on.
We were able to spend some good, quality time with their entire family whom I practically grew up with. It felt like home. 

I also went to my old ward, and even though it has changed quite a bit since I have last visited, there were still a few friendly faces have missed dearly.
We also were able to go to the stake's Christmas Devotional.
Kirk and I were pretty tired from the wedding the night before and debated whether we should go or not.
But I am OH SO GLAD WE DID.
You see, probably one of the most epic barfing stories of my life took place that night.
And so the story goes...
Kirk and I walked in just before the opening prayer was about to start.
We took a seat in the back row right next to the aisle.
Right when the prayer started, we heard a very strange yet recognizable sound followed by a huge commotion about 5 row in front of us. 
Obviously a child got sick...
As the prayer is still taking place, the parents of the sick child start to run down the aisle with their him in  their arms and the mother is holding the kids mouth...
All of a sudden the kid just let's it all out and throws up EVERYWHERE and since the mom had her hand over his mouth, the vomit sprayed in all sorts of different directions splashing a few people along the way.
Let me remind you, the prayer is still going.
Kirk and I are OBVIOUSLY not feeling the reverence nor the spirit at this time... We just stared in complete shock asking ourselves, "Is this REALLY happening right now?"
After the kid exits the room, still throwing up everywhere, people start to run out of the room too.
One girl in particular, who probably got some vomit on her long coat, tried to run out of the room only to slip and fall into the vomit and kept sliding around trying to get up. Like a fly stuck in a spider's web.
Mind you, the prayer... is STILL going.
Someone helped the girl up and they both walked out together. Oh the kindhearted. I just couldn't help her, I don't DO vomit.
Anyway, when the prayer was finally over, a rally of people got up and started cleaning up the pukey mess. I felt very grateful for people like that since I would probably NEVER be one of those people. 
Bailey Beeson came over and asked us if we wanted to come sit with her family on the other side of the room. Once we sat down, Bailey's dad asked, "Did something happen over there?"
OH... how much you missed!
And although Kirk and I were sitting RIGHT in the middle of the action, we managed to walk away from the scene unscathed by the projectile vomit. Lucky.

Moving on with our trip.
On Monday, Kirk went to visit one of his friends in Seattle while Brandi and her son, Cade come to the Beeson household to play.
I was so excited to see Brandi because I haven't seen her since she told me she was pregnant! And now she is in her 2nd trimester and showing and I LOVE it. I even got to feel Miss Litchfield move around inside that belly. 
We made caramel corn and enchiladas and watched movies.
That night, we went to Snowflake Lane in Bellevue with their family.
We stayed up late that night watching more movies and sneaking in a midnight snack, then a 1am snack and so on and so forth... 

Sadly, we had to leave the Beeson home the next day to head to Portland to my aunt's house for Christmas... more on that to come. :)

2 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

So glad we got to play! I probably shouldn't have been making a weird face in that picture...

Sabs said...

wow freakn hilarious! i kinda wish i was there. Although i wouldve peed my pants laughing and then you wouldn't want to sit by me:) love Seattle. love the Beesons. Love the Nielsons. Love you...
do NOT love vomit only stories about vomit:)