Tuesday, September 29, 2009

sigh...


long sigh...
Fall is approaching. I mean, it may already be here. The skies are overcast and there is a slight breeze in the air. Here it is. Fall. What a lovely season. My soul delights in changing seasons.
Life has been a roller coaster these past few weeks.
I have decided to take another semester off school and devote a lot of my time to my job at Shade. That's right people, you are looking at the newest Assistant Manager of Shade Clothing.
I'm not going to lie, I actually quite enjoy it although my new boss, Tan sometimes scares me and since a recent episode of being late to work, those fears have only escalated. Don't worry, I'm working on my authority issues and things are slowly melding together.
My room is also slowly coming together. Things are up on the walls and it's almost complete. I still want to paint the furniture and get some curtains. Other than that, I am satisfied with my space. I love having my own bathroom and two closets. I don't mean to boast but, I am one lucky chica for all the space that I have.
Oh yeah, I highlighted my hair. Well, lowlights mixed with highlights. I enjoy it. Adds some dimension to my hair.
I find myself missing Washington and my home a lot. I already posted about this dilemma but I miss all my friends and my family and good food and autumn in Washington. Oh, I could totally go for some good sushi or Acapulco Fresh right now... mmMMMmmm.
So Halloween is coming up. Any good, creative costume ideas? I am stuck. I was thinking of just being a classic witch with awesome striped socks and a petticoat that puffs out not to mention a sweet broom and hat. I can't decide if I should go all out with a sweet nose and maybe even a green face -- mom style.
For those of you who do now know this, my mom used to dress up as a witch every Halloween when I was little and she would paint her face green and tell us that every Halloween her face would turn green and we would find out when we were older what that was like. Oh mom, I miss you!
So excuse my rambling and extensive nonsense.


4 comments:

sarahbjolley said...

congratulations on becoming assistant manager!! that's so great!!

Kali and JT said...

Congrats and I ALWAYS have that same Love and constant desire to go home... This is my ODE to WASHINGTONG---the eastside is unlike any other place, people truly don't know what they are missing out on unless they grew up there with the mountains all around them, the trees EVERY where, cool crisp football nights in fall and the lake just down the hill in the summer. Not to mention like very little crime, amazing schools,and such a strong stake. Oh and the occasional rain that just is. it just is life. LOOOVE IT. isn't it just amazing really realizing that there is a place you ALWAYS belong. That's WA for me. PS loved seeing you at bagel land. lets play.

Katie said...

hey did i ever tell you i love reading your blog? Hey by the way i love the shade long sleeve shirts and was wondering if you knew when there was a sale on them.....assistant manager!! p.s way to go!

ryanandmindy said...

YOU are awesome. i knew you would get the positish! i love you and miss you dearly. seriously.