Saturday, April 16, 2011

i definitely need a trainer or something.

So, I'm starting to get this butt to the gym a little more often than I have been in the past 8 months. I'm supposed to be ready for summertime or something? I have a mostly LOVE/slight hate for summer because it's a wonderful time of the year where you lay out and be lazy and feel the sun on your skin... but then there's the whole bearing skin thing which I have ALWAYS had issues with.
I don't like to wear swimsuits and any pictures with me in one should and will be burned.
Anyway, I am trying to put more effort into my physical fitness. But it's hard and I have learned that I have like .078% self-control. What. The. Heck. I can't eat that whole pizza? Or that entire bag of chips? Lame. If I can't eat that, then whats the point in being healthy... or living for that matter. Shoot.
I totally buy healthy food but when I'm hungry, I don't want that. I want Cafe Rio and J Dogs hot dogs and Wendy's french fries. Apparently those aren't healthy. Whatever.
Here's my problem:
I'm a night time eater. My hunger sets in at the end of the day and that's when I want to relax and eat an entire Thanksgiving dinner. What? Don't act like you haven't wanted to do that either. There's nothing more comforting than going to bed feeling well fed.
Going to bed hungry? Not so fun. I seriously put all my focus on the fact that I'm STARVING and my stomach is howling at the moon. And I like CRUNCHY things. The crunchier the better. Like, I want to almost crack my teeth. Ya. I'm all sorts of crazy.
Tell me, what healthy things are that crunchy? NOT many my friends. Not many.
I guess I'm just complaining because losing 15 pounds is way harder than I thought it would be.
And it's mostly on my mind because I just came home from work about an hour ago and ate a delicious plate of homemade nachos.
I'm soooo bad. SOOO bad.
There's this show that was on MTV called "I Used To Be Fat." Think they should make one for me called, "I'm On the Road to Becoming Fat," or rather, "I'm 'gon be a fatty."
People. Motivate me.

6 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

I totally know what you mean. I'm the same way. I decided that my weakness is that I can't stop eating junk once I start and, while it may not be the healthiest way to do things, I only eat junk on Fridays and Saturdays (sometimes Sundays and one special occasions... I can't help myself! haha). So since Darren and I were engaged (and I did this a little in high school too) we started doing this together. Having a plan with someone is always helpful because they hold you to it. I can't eat junk without telling Darren and having him act disappointed haha He's way more strict than I am, by the way. Anyways, I found that I was able to control myself during the week because I knew on the weekends I could have whatever I want. Now you have to be careful doing this because splurging like I do is not great for your body either. HOWEVER, since I am incapable of stopping myself once I start, I figured two days a week is much better than seven.

Eating late is one of the worst things you can do to gain weight (I think). Which unfortunately, I do all the time. But when I am good (I usually am not) I set the goal to be done eating by 8 at night. I can drink water after that, but nothing else. This is very hard to do, but the water helps a little bit with the hunger situation. I find that when I am trying to do hard things like this that incentives always help me. So say I reach my goal of not eating after 8 for a week, I will reward my self with a jamba juice or something like that that I would normally not buy, but LOVE. I think I may start doing this incentive thing for working out because I never work out and I really need to start.

Anyways, those are some of the things that help me. But just trying something for a few weeks and see if it works for you/if you can handle it. If not, try something else for the next few weeks. But remember to be diligent in "trying" something for 3 weeks because from what I hear, it takes three weeks to create a habit. It's usually not as hard after those few weeks are over.

Welp, miss you! Hope I get to talk to you soon!

P.S. Sorry I totally forgot to call you and say THANK YOU SO MUCH for that amazing letter in the mail! First of all, getting a letter in the mail is probably just about the best thing ever. Secondly, it reminded me of how amazing we were in high school. I believe I have our notebook (do you remember that? The one with the red toothbrush sticking out of it?) and we need to read it together sometime. It would be amazing. Anyways, thanks so much and I love you!!!

Unknown said...

I have a trainer! If you want, I can share the things he has told me, the workouts and the diet! 60% of losing weight is diet, you just have to want it.I believe in you!!! You should set small goals to achieve and then before you know it, you will make it to your overall goal! :)

Jason said...

carrots are crunchy

Jason said...

ice cubes are crunchy

Jason said...

finger nails

ALIX said...

im so going to start eating finger nails because those have a lot of nutritional value. i mean im full after one nibble.