Wednesday, May 27, 2009

fresh air...

I have been feeling pretty stressed lately.
Pretty down in the dumps and stressed.
NOT MYSELF.
This may be due to a few things that are pending and weighing heavily on my mind.
WHO KNOWS.

Today, I had a MAJOR realization that I am actually a pretty lucky individual.

I was working at Color Me Mine, and a group of 3 parents and their terminally ill children came in to paint. They told stories of their countless nights and holidays spent in the hospital. These children don't know how long they have left to live and yet they are so positive and so cheerful and so spirited.

I realized I have been selfish. It is not always about me and I feel like every time I feel stressed it's because I am only thinking about myself. I got so focused on me and my problems that I failed to see the bigger picture.
I am so grateful for so many things.

For my family. I love them so much and they are always there to support me whenever needs be. I am so thankful to be able to live with my sister and that we can spend time together whenever possible.

For my friends. My friends are my rocks. I love them so much. They keep me going and make me laugh and make me forget about all the stupid stuff.

For my health. I need to take better care of it but, I am so blessed to have a healthy body.

For my jobs. I know that it's so hard to find a job during these times and I am so blessed to have two wonderful jobs.


What a breath... of FRESH AIR...

5 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I love it when you blog! It always make me happy whether its serious or about the creepy ice cream man (that really is creepy)I love hearing what you have to say. I did tear up about terminally ill children, but good insight. Alix... you are a gem.

Unknown said...

here here..well said.

Bob and Karen Lutz said...

Hi Alix,

Heather's Mom here. It's been a long time since I yelled at you guys to be quiet in the back seat of my car. Just doing a little blog stalking and I read your post. You are a smart girl and you are very blessed. Take care!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I think we all get these realizations from time to time. Thanks for this pick me up =)
-m

Katie said...

Oh I liked that and I like you. You're great.