Tuesday, November 17, 2009

dedication.

This is just a glimpse of how I currently feel.
Don't even worry about me.
I spent the last 11.5 hours at work today.
I am laying in bed (finally) after a 4.5 hour long inventory count... and recount.
Don't even worry I have to work at 9am.
No, I'm not tired.
Don't even worry that this summer I got so used to sleeping with a fan on that now I can't sleep without it. Even when my heater is broken and my room is 45 degrees. GOOOOOD.
However, I will tell you what I am happy about.
I am happy that the holidays are approaching. I am feeling very very festive this year. Definitely in the holiday spirit. (I have already cheated and listened to some Christmas music this weekend.)
I am happy that Kirk surprised me and took me on a little day trip to Park City (which I love.)
I am happy about my Steve Madden Boots and leggings. Very simple. Very happy.
I am happy about the furniture rearrangement in my room.
I am happy that I am going to repaint all my frames purple.
I am happy that my laundry is done.
I am happy that I carry around a notebook to write down my thoughts, to do lists and shopping lists whenever things pop into my mind.
I am happy about the vanilla perfume Ani and I found at Anthropologie.
I have been doing wonderfully. And I am happy.
That is all.
For now.

4 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

Life aside from work sounds to be going alright. :) Hopefully work will get better!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Dear Alix,
I think you are wonderful.
I like the way you look on the bright side of things.
I am jealous of your Steve Madden boots. My calves are too big for them. Its a shame. I tried.
I am excited about your purple picture frames.
You are also lucky you can pull off leggings. That is awesome.
Good job working hard... you are a rock star.
Lastly, but not leastly, I am jealous you went to park city. Utah is better than Washington.
Love,
Heather

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

you are SO dang CUTE!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

i think you are a GREAT boss and VERY good at your job!
i am very excited you are painting your frames PURPLE! cool!
I am feeling festive too, i the holidays.

I hope you got a good nights rest.