Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ohhh the Holidays...


Ok... I wouldn't classify myself as a Grinch or a Scrooge by any means.
I actually LOVE the holidays and am feeling very festive this year.
But I have had at least 5 encounters with people this holiday season that makes me seriously question the reasons why I love Christmas.
I mean seriously, I feel as though people are meaner at this time!
Maybe it's the stress of the holidays combined with today's economy.
Or it's just the way people get around this time.

Story NUMERO 1:
There I was....
Minding MY OWN business.
Turning into a left turn lane and the lady wouldn't let me in! The light was green and I needed to get into her lane and she wouldn't let me.
So, I went anyway.
She got SOOOOO mad at me that she started to hit her head with her fingers and tell me that I'm stupid.... I guess.
I just ignored her and went on with my drive. She continued this hand hitting head motion. I'm assuming because I didn't respond to it that she just kept doing it until I got so mad at her back. But I wasn't about to let her affect me. I was having a good day. No way was I going to let this lady get to me. (Mind you she was a grown woman. I would say in her 50's. I mean really lady... do you REALLY have the time to try and make someone else upset? Seriously. Get a life.)
So then, she got in front of me somehow and decided to STOP in the middle of the road and not let me go.
I'm talking in the MIDDLE of the road. And this woman feels so inclined to not allow me to go.
I'm not kidding.

SERIOUSLY.

Story NUMERO dos:
There I was... Working at Shade.
This lady was buying some shirts.
I rang her up and told her the price.
She proceeds to tell me that that cannot be the correct price because those shirts were on sale.
I informed her that the particular shirts she was purchasing were not on sale and the sign says "select colors."
She thought that the sign was VERY deceiving and that she felt ripped off but that she would purchase them anyway.
I said that I was sorry she felt that way and we should fix our signs so that other customers would not feel the same way.
The lady got SO mad at me that this is what she said,
VERBATIM
"Ok! I got it! There is no need to just keep on talking about it! I already said I would get the shirts and you just went ON AND ON AND ON about the signs and I get it! OK!?"
um... what?
She then turns to her daughter and tells her to finish the purchase and that she was going to get the car because she doesn't want to be in the store any longer.
Seriously... what?

I just think that there is more to life than to be mean to perfectly innocent strangers.
Especially during the Holidays.
Let us rejoice.
Not be Grinches.
SHEESH!


4 comments:

Whitney said...

hey alix!

i am glad you liked those packaging ideas. that was such a fun nite. you can totally use my pictures.

happy holidays.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

wow, way to start off the holidays, huh? stupid people.

i am so glad you liked the christmas pics! i am glad you reblogged them, it makes me feel popular.

see you soon!

Katie said...

I've had a few run-ins with some not-so-nice people lately too! Not cool. Can't we all just get along?

Ryan and Brittany said...

Rude!!! I would have cried on both occasions haha. why can't people just be in a charitable mood during this time of year?? I hope the holidays get better for you! miss ya