Monday, August 16, 2010

making progress.

We are making progress. Headway if you will.
Our apartment is coming together and although it looks more like a place my mom would like to reside (considering we have a lot of her decorations and furniture and SURPRISE the walls are red. Her favorite) we are love love loving it.
It is everything we could want. Seriously.
My favorite feature of the entire place is the ever-so-spacious kitchen. It has cabinets galore and I know I am being spoiled. This won't last long, but I am definitely going to bask in its greatness while I can.
Everything is almost unpacked and has a place. It's hard because we really do have a lot of stuff - most of it from my mom's house - and we are having trouble finding places to put it all. And trouble making it look like us. It may sound dumb since we are still poor students living in a temporary apartment, but making sure our space reflects us and our style is important to us. It's really what makes a "house" a "home." And we love to make sure we are comfortable where we are. Who doesn't right?

So here are some PROGRESS pictures.
I apologize for the very very poor iPhone picture quality. I'm too lazy to get out my actual camera.
Dinning area. Excuse the towels. Like I said, PROGRESS.

Living room. Also in progress. But, enjoyable yeah?

And kitchen. My love. Oh, I could spend all day in there.

Like I said, we are inapropriately in love with our apartment. And we are also loving having just me and Ani live here. No roommates. Joy.

I also wanted to show you this gem. I found him riding his scooter next to me and found that his hair actually stands up like that due to his fast driving. It's stuck like that. I know this because we were stopped at a light and it didn't fall down. I found it humorous. Don't you?


Good day.

4 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I love your apartment! Looks like a very enjoyable place to live! :-)

trudy...{and jamo} said...

oh alix! it looks wonderful! it looks so big! how exciting.
see you tomorrow!
p.s. i am so glad you're back!
i just love you so much!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

citified.blogspot.com/2010/07/hello-glamorous-gold-velvet.html

Darren and Brandi said...

Alix! Super cute and so exciting! Good progress! It looks great! And yes, I am SUPER jealous of your glorious kitchen! It's just not fair to have one that big!