Thursday, August 26, 2010

um...

hi.
I feel like I should write about a ton of stuff, but honestly I have no idea what to even say or where to even start.
We are all sad about it.
Clearly.
(Shea. Shade's manager. On the floor. In the back room. Taking a nap. It was one of those days.)
I am currently in the market for another job.
If you know of any good ones, let a sista know. :)

In other news, I am officially going to South Carolina in the month of October and I am 10000% stoked about this trip for many reasons, in no particular order:
1. I have never been there and have always always wanted to go.
2. East Coast.
3. Notebook, A Walk to Remember, Dear John.
4. MINDY MINDY MINDY! I love her and miss her terribly. Very excited to have some bffl time. Seriously. It's long overdue.

Moving forward, I went to spin class for the second time this week and may I just say that I cannot figure out a good way to sit on those good-for-nothing seats. Saddle sore. I seriously love the class though. It's the only one that I feel like I get a fabulous work out, sweaty and all, and it goes by SO fast. I LOVE it. That, and YOGA.

I have decided that I want to take an art class. I have always loved painting and learning and when I was taking art in high school, junior high AND elementary school, it was the ONE class I always looked forward to. So, if you know of any great art teachers OR classes, kindly refer them to me. :)

I have many great plans for my room and some of my decorations therein. I have repainted my frames. Remember those? Well, now they are navy and I am not sold on the color. They kind of look like they belong in a boys room. Although, I'm pretty sure if I saw painted frames hung on the wall like mine in a boy's room, I would question a few things about said boy. Color is really hard for me. I can never get the colors I want right. I have an idea but different shades and tones and hues are so HARD and really the difference is monumental in my eyes.
I sound so cool right now. I know. I also want to make some pillow covers for some of my existing decorative pillows. Ani and I inherited my mom's super vintage singer sewing machine and the case it comes in is LOCKED with no key in sight. We have to break into it and it's harder than it looks. The sewing machine looks like this. I think I can figure out how to use it.
I am way excited to actually do things and make things. I love making and creating! I mean, really, who doesn't?

5 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

You can come down here and take an art class with me. There is a junior college here in town that I will hopefully be taking an art class at this fall. As for a job? I don't even have one right now, so I am not the most helpful. I am sad Shade is closing. Big bummer!!

Lorna said...

Where did your Mom get that machine??? It is a beautiful heirloom. And your pads will get used to the seat, keep it up. Sounds fun.

ryanandmindy said...

i am 100000000000000(shall i keep going? i think you get the mesage)% stoked to see YOU! i just wish it could have been longer. next time. next time.
and that sewing machine? SO sweet. i want it.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I just wrote like a week long comment and decided it wasn't funny so I deleted the whole thing. Your welcome. I don't want you to be stuck reading long unfunny things. Time is money baby.

Becca said...

umm wHY is shade closing?!?! i loveddd that store!!