Thursday, September 9, 2010

raise yo hand


if you think my blog is in need of a semi-annual face lift?
Well, I am currently in the process of making this here bloggy blog utterly divine.
At least as divine as I can make it.
Given my skillz and talents, that's a pretty tight range. But, I'll get there.

Here are some updates for you:

- I am still working on the apartment/room. I am having a hard time with the red walls and feeling like it's looking like my mom's house. And although I loved my mom's home-y, warm feel, I also feel like that's exactly where it belongs, at my mom's house.
white white white.

- I really want to paint our coffee table that is currently a dark brown with a hint of red. I want to paint it white. I love white. I actually want to paint everything white. This includes, picture frames, mirror frames, all side tables and my empty frames in my room. Is this too overboard? Seriously, is it?
- I also want to revamp my mom's lampshades. They are mostly a cream color or black and that just contributes to the dungeon/dark feel to the apartment. I really want to do it, but I just don't know how. Anyone know how?
- I still need to clean my room.
- I think it's important to stay hydrated but it's so hard because I love love love me some diet coke (surprise!). Trying to drink water daily is really a challenge. What the heck is wrong with me.
- I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Alix Out.

3 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

First of all, good luck at your interview! You will do great! Also, I am pretty sure you can't do too much white. Enjoy it now while you don't have kids. I know, that sounds like a cliche. But seriously, kids ruin everything. You will have to take some pictures when it is all done. I want to see!!!!

Bushland said...

Hey Alix,
Check this site out to recover your lampshades. It's pretty easy and they are adorable! http://craftylittlechick.blogspot.com/2009/03/recovering-lampshade-tutorial.html
Laurie Bush

ryanandmindy said...

i love white. when we get our own place..all of our furniture it going to be painted white.