Sunday, December 5, 2010

it's all about motivation.

Bonjour lovely readers.
Are you still there? ok. good.
Just a quick little update.
Getting closer and closer to January 5, 2011 - First day of school in 2 years. I could honestly say I am nervous. It's ok. I'm comfortable with that...
I decided to get my associates in the Fine Arts and then use it to transfer to the Utah State and get my Interior Design Degree. We will see if I decide to stick to it or if I change it up... With this plan, I will be in school for MUCH longer than I thought I would be but, I will be doing something that I enjoy. (Hopefully.) The only reason why I would "change it up" is because I don't know if I will stay motivated long enough to be in school that long. Maybe I want to do something that will be quicker and easier. But, whoever said the road to happiness was quick and easy?

The other day Kirk and I went on an adventure... to BYU campus. We like to venture far and wide.
But, he really wanted to take a picture next to this fountain by the Joseph Smith Building? I don't remember the name of it. Go me.

(Oh, and we needed to document our trip to Carrabba's... because we don't have enough evidence of our obsession located mostly around our midsections.)

I am getting really bad at taking pictures lately. Mostly because I HATE being in pictures. I really don't like being in front of the camera because I just don't really like the way most pictures of me turn out. I gotta get over that I suppose. I found my external hard drive I used my freshman year of college at BYU-Idaho (ahhh memories) and I was SUCH a ham. Who is that person? I found some pretty funny pictures and I literally LOL'd. Heather - do you remember a little photoshoot we had? haha I can't post those pictures. Too embarrassing. Too incriminating.
Anyway, I was looking for my old music that I used to have, and I found it! Who is ecstatic about this? ME! And now I can listen to Celine Dion and Josh Groban in peace. Oh, and Coldplay. Oh I just love Coldplay. I desperately want to go to a Coldplay concert. I would be in heaven. Someday people, someday.

I have also been getting really bad at getting ready in the morning. Since I don't have any plans during the morning hours, I generally don't get ready until about 2 or 3pm. Who am I and when did I get so lazy? You ask? Well, I am Alix. And there is no reason for my lack of motivation in the mornings. Lo siento.

1 comment:

Darren and Brandi said...

What?!?! How thrilling! I'm so excited for you! Interior Design degrees are lots of work, but oh so very enjoyable! I am writing a paper at this very moment for a class and it makes me remember how grateful I am that I don't have to do this very often. I much prefer listening to movies or music while I color, draw, and design :)

I can't wait to see the projects you do! The beginning art classes were some of my favorites. How long until you transfer? Yay for making decisions! Wish we were in school together... remember Math in high school?? It would be just like that... but better! Oh, if only :)