Friday, December 17, 2010

randomness upon randomness.

Hey all.
I don't know why, but I always feel the need to greet all you lovely readers out there before starting my posts. I like it, I hope you do to.
It is 2:04 in the AM and for the first time in weeks, I am ACTUALLY tired. Weird? Yes. Mostly because I have the sleeping habits of most nocturnal creatures namely: owls, wolfs and wombats (yes, I did just google "list of nocturnal creatures" to get those animals... did you know cats are nocturnal? Add that to the list of reasons why I like cats so much. I'm a cat lady, sue me.) and I have been going to sleep between the hours of 3 and 5 am. I know, scold all you want people. I am aware of how awful that sleep pattern is. And I know I'm going to have a rude awakening once school starts in January. I know, I know, I know. And, while I'm being honest, I would just like to say that I also don't really enjoy people telling me that they think I'm lazy or scoff when I say I just woke up at noon. I KNOW they're just jealous. And, when there is nothing to wake up for, what is the point? Right.
Moving forward.
I have had quite the productive day.
I managed to get all of my Christmas shopping DONE.
And I have started my to-do list for my little Shadey Lady Party 2010.
I have an artichoke dip in the fridge just ready to be baked tomorrow.
I have made a few decorations. More on that to come. I found the AWESOMEST idea. Thank you Martha Stewart.
I have gone through some of my mother's Christmas ornaments. I am supposed to do something with them? But, there are boxes and boxes and I can't really part with them but on the flip side, I have absolutely no use for them. And probably never will. I will probably keep a few for memory's sake.
So tonight, I was STARVING and I looked through my fridge to find the following things:
a lemon
a zucchini
a serving of pasta
a chicken tender
I put my culinary talents together and whipped myself up some lemon, chicken, zucchini pasta with minced garlic and let me tell you something, it was DIVINE. I am pretty proud of myself and I will be making it again. Everyone was jealous of my food. And it was the easiest thing ever. I recommend making it.
We are driving to NorCal (that's what I call it now) on Sunday and apparently the weather is supposed to be "iffy". This my friends, is why I prefer NOT to drive ANYWHERE during the Christmas season. It is exactly why Ani and I have been driving home for Thanksgiving and FLYING for Christmas for the last 5 years. But I guess Californian's don't believe in snow. Or maybe it has something to do with us waiting too long to buy plane tickets THUS the prices have gone drastically up... hence the 12 hour car ride through Reno. Ahhh Reno, the land of beauty and wonder.
Sorry there aren't any recent photos to post... but there will be.
However, I found this gem of a gem.
Enjoy.

Yes, this scantily clad girl happens to be yours truly and I remember that horse. His name was Blacky and he was my best friend. I played on him on the daily.
Oh, and this is a picture my little sister, Julia (or Dolly as some of you know her as) drew when she was 4. Notice what she said it was... a whale. She always drew the best pictures.

Goodnight to all.

No comments: