Saturday, December 4, 2010

gwyneth.



I love Gwyneth Paltrow.
I think she just oozes class.
She has a website called GOOP and I am a subscriba!
It has a plethora of Ms. Gwyneth's insights about balancing life, food, travel and shopping - among other things. I really loved her article on sugar addiction. I even sent it to Kirk. haha Basically, you can learn to be just like her if you wanted to... which I do.
I am especially thrilled about her recipe section. There are so many great recipes she writes about that I can't even handle it! One in particular is the Penne Arrabiata. I used to buy the frozen kind at Trader Joe's whenever I was in Washington. I looove it. A little spicy, a little tangy and so good. My little sisters even love it. But there is no Trader Joe's here and when I saw this recipe I almost cried. Why? I don't know. And it's so easy.

SERVES: 4
TIME: 15 minutes

  • Coarse salt
  • 1 pound penne
  • 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (see the recipe included with the Eggplant Parmesan)
  • 1 long red chili, cut into quarters (remove seeds if you don’t want it too spicy)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed, finely grated pecorino cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)

Set a large pot of water on to boil and season with a few big pinches of salt. Boil the penne for two minutes less than the package tells you to. Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce with the pieces of chili in a large frying pan over low heat to infuse the chili into the sauce. Reserving about a teacup of boiling water from your pasta pot, drain the pasta and add it to the frying pan with the tomato sauce. Stir the pasta and sauce together with the olive oil and let it cook on low heat for two minutes, adding a bit of the reserved pasta water if necessary. You want the pasta to be just coated by the sauce, not swimming in it. Turn off the heat, remove the pieces of chili, stir in the pecorino and serve.

No comments: