Monday, March 7, 2011

beauty busters.

Hello. My cute friend Becca posted about her top beauty picks... and I decided to copy her because it's such a FABULOUS idea! I love talking about products and what works for people. In my family we call ourselves "Product Junkies." I love to try new things... and in the process I accumulate my favorites. Here they are:
*I probably tried for about an HOUR to get this to be BIGGER on my blog but alas, my frustration got the best of me and I failed. Anyone know how to make pictures BIGGER on blogger? UGH! Seriously so frustrating... Anyway

1. Aquaphor. I absolutely LIVE by this stuff. I use it on my lips, cuts, really dry areas and even around my eyes. I love it and it works miracles.

2. Oral-B Satin Floss. I am a flosser. Guilty as charged. I love this stuff because it slides right in and out of my teeth and it also doesn't fall apart which I enjoy.

3. Eau de Toilette Vanille from Anthropologie. I love light vanilla-y scents and this one smells like something delicious. I wear it everyday.

4. Look Ma, New Hands hand lotion from Bath and Body Works. There are days here when my hands just burn from being so dry. It's not too greasy and it smells like fresh oranges. People ask, "Who's eating an orange?" whenever I put it on.

5. Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash. I am a firm believer in Aveeno. I use the face wash too but, the body wash really does hydrate my skin. Utah sucks the life out of you. I have tried EVERYTHING and this stuff works. I love it! And it smells awesome.

6. Nars blush in "Orgasm." Dirty name, beautiful color. I'm pretty sure anyone can wear this color and it doesn't fade away at the end of the day. It perks my face right up!

7. Jane Iredale pressed powder. I have searched high and low for a great powder and this one does it's job. And it's healthy. A little 'spency but worth the bucks.

8. Fredric Fekkai Glossing shampoo and conditioner. Speaking of 'spency... this stuff is a bit pricey but, I think it's worth the money. It really does make my hair feel shiny and soft and I always get compliments on my hair when I use it. I definitely like to change up my hair products every once in a while so I don't use it all the time, but I LOVE this stuff and it seriously smells SO good.

9. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara. This is the ticket for voluminous lashes and it doesn't clump or flake. The search is over ladies. I have tried everything. This is my favorite thus far.

10. Revlon ColorStay eyeliner. I am an eyeliner gal through and through and have been using this stuff since high school... It doesn't fade off, or smear. And the firm tip makes it easy to apply.

What are your favorite beauty picks?




4 comments:

Becca said...

oo i really want to try NARS i always hear good things about that color

Ani said...

love this post! i'm going to copy you and becca ha ha

PS you might be able to make the picture bigger if you edit the "HTML" code... Kirk would know the code or you could google it :)

Grace said...

nice post! my favorite thing is the shadestick from mac cosmetics- if you put it on before your eyeshadow, your eyeshadow will never crease and it is just amazing!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Alix... I have tried all mascaras. I do not like that one. There I said it. But I am not sure which one I like better right now. I have one I am way over in my makeup bag that I am trying to use up. But I am excited to try some new products! I want to try a new powder so I will maybe have to check that one out. I don't have favorite products right now. I dislike all of mine really. I need some change. I'm not trying to be a downer. Its just coming out that way. Total buzz kill. I will have to try to be funny again another time I suppose.