Sunday, March 13, 2011

review: rango.


Kirk and I went to see Rango last night and I quite enjoyed it.
I'm a sucker for animated films. Sue me.
It was witty, funny and cute... and weird. Which is good because I like weird.
I don't know of any children that would enjoy it because the graphics are a little too real and no bright colors. Seriously, that can make or break a children's movie. I wouldn't see it if I were younger than 18.
BUT, the graphics were A-MAZING.
Johnny Depp is awesome.
Isla Fisher is originally British? and she is doing a southwestern accent... it's weird.
Anyway, Kirk and I had a great time except for the movie may have been a little too drawn out.
We spent $12 on treats... (which only buys you 3 things FYI.) What's wrong with that? $3 small boxes of candy and $4 non-refillable diet coke, we were set for an hour.

But let me explain to you a few things that could ruin a movie theater experience but didn't because I had my $12 worth of movie theater snacks:

*Some boy on a first date DOUSED in cologne... bad cologne. Definitely smelled like someones creepy grandpa. And there were definitely no grandpas in that theater. I checked.
*When the lady behind you laughs too loud and too long during a semi-funny moment. (Like, it didn't even deserve a fake grunt.)
*When the couple next to you talk about "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" for about an hour during the movie. It wasn't even that great of a movie! They were probably on a first date and couldn't think of anything interesting to talk about.
*When someone sneaks in take-out food and it smells like something died. Between the cologne and nasty cheap take out, that theater smelled like a geriatric sumo wrestling match.

In summation, after watching the movie, I definitely wanted to go get some tacos and chips and salsa. It will probably do that to you too.
Next time, next time.

No comments: