Friday, March 11, 2011

good times.

Alright. Listen to me.
There are times when I don't want to take pictures.
Ok, who am I kidding... I NEVER want to take pictures.
I thought I was a ham, but now that I think about it, I'm so totally not.
You know those pictures that you would be MORTIFIED if someone saw or the ones you hoped would be deleted?
Well, I am here to tell you...
DON'T DO IT!
I recently came across some gems that may have made me laugh out loud here in my solitude at 3am this Friday morning.
Seriously.
I am SO glad certain pictures exist. It doesn't mean I have to share them with the rest of the world (sorry friends.) It just means that when you are feeling a bit blue and let's be honest here, we all do, it's about time to pull out those horrifying pictures and look back on the good old days.

Exhibit A:
Here is me. (bad grammar?) This was probably taken approximately 5 years ago. Yes, those are spongebob boxers... Yes I rolled them to make them shorter... Yes I am jumping/leaping in a cheer pose with a Who/Grinch-face. Am I proud? Most definitely.

Exhibit B:
This is my mother. In all her wacky 70's glory? I have no idea what she is trying to achieve with this look but what I do know is that it's plain awesome. My mom takes disco dress-up very seriously.

Exhibit C:
I hate to have to explain this one because I think it's one of those things where you had to be there... but it totally brought back some funny memories. It was my roommate's 20th birthday and my roomie Steph and I made a cheesecake for said roommate. We didn't have any candles and it was too late to go to the store. What we DID have were straws. Clearly those straws represent the number 20. Two standing up for the number 2 and the bent one is supposed to be a zero. Genius.

In summation, disposing of dumb, embarrassing photos is just not a good idea.
Laugh on people. Laugh on.


And this one... because it's freaking adorable. I don't care what you say.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

That was my birthday cheesecake and it was much appreciated! I'm pretty sure I was there for picture #1 too!!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

You are right. I am super against deleting terrible pictures. However... that picture you emailed me, needs deleting. For realz. Why didn't you tell me BEFORE taking the picture, HEATHER! NEVER MAKE THAT FACE AGAIN!!! Cute pictures though. I love the one of you jumping in sponge bob boxers. So Alix.

Brandi Litchfield said...

I couldn't agree more. I have lots of amazing pictures with you that would probably be embarrassing to look at, but OH what memories!

Lorna said...

I miss your mom!