Thursday, November 10, 2011

as luck would have it.

Today was the first day in 2 weeks that I did not go to the gym.
I am getting a sore throat and I am blaming the gym.
It is so hot and steamy in there (and not in a good way, or else I would be there regardless of my health status...) I feel like it's the perfect place for the common cold and flu to infest and grow and spread.
I feel like every time I start to go to the gym again I get sick.
What the heck is up with that?
I noticed the sore throat when I made the trek up to Anthropologie blasting the heat and singing my heart out to Celine... I couldn't make that last note. How embarrassing.
I cleared my throat and continued on as if nothing or no one was around.

Once in the glorious store, I was floored by the Christmas decor. I felt like I was in holiday heaven. I couldn't get enough. Then I saw the price. "I can make ALL of this," I thought. Possibly true. Probable? Probably not.

(Photos taken by me and my iPhone. HENCE the quality... I do not credit myself to be a photographer. And I probably won't ever. So don't judge, eh? Sorry, bad mood sickness kicking in.)
I went ahead and began shopping around, losing the purpose of why I was actually there. I needed some Christmas presents. Specifically, some Christmas perfume. But, I was lost in the overwhelming racks of clothing and suddenly my closet needed everything. Everything including skirts and dresses. "My skirts and dresses selection is getting pretty pathetic."
I made it to the dressing room with my arms full of dresses and skirts galore. I tried them on but much to my dismay, not a single piece of clothing was inspiring me to pay the big bucks. About halfway through my dressing room session, I started to feel ill.
But, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was just a feeling. A sudden feeling of dizziness, headache, throat ache, nausea, confusion, hot flash, body ache... Do you know the feeling? The feeling before you get sick but you don't quite know what it's going to lead to.
The dressing room and I were not getting along so I walked out feeling defeated by Anthro's skirt and dress section.
I decided I would just get what I REALLY came to get which was perfume for some christmas gifts.
I needed two, they only had one.
I immediately asked one of the kind sales associates to check the back to see if they had any more. Since I  was not about to walk out with only ONE of the TWO things I came all the way to Salt Lake to get.
She ran to the back and within the 5 seconds she was gone, I thought I was FOR SURE going to lose my lunch right then an there in the middle of the holy Anthropologie bedsheet section.
No, no. This could not happen to me.
I fought the urge to purge when she came back out and informed me that the one perfume I was holding was the only one left.
At that point, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted out.
So I made my purchase and left the store, got in my car and vamoosed out of there faster than you can say, "Tossing cookies."
I had also meant to make a little detour to Nordstrom Rack to return an item or two but, made an executive decision to just head back to my home in the good old land of Provo.
What a waste of a drive to SLC.
Once home, I made another executive decision to ditch the gym.
And that is the abbreviated version of why I didn't do my work out today.
I started to feel a little better. At least not nauseous which I feel is the worst of the worst of illnesses.
But the sore throat is kind of staying around.
I am trying to fight this bad boy with all my might. Vitamin C and hot tea with lemon and honey. I even read somewhere that you can kick a cold by ingesting a teaspoon of honey mixed with a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon every 4-6 hours. So I am doing that as well.
This always happens when I'm trying to get in shape. And then, when I am better, all of the hard work from working out was all for nothing and I have to start all over again.
No siree bob. This girl is NOT going to let a sore throat and stuffy head get in the way of her goals.



2 comments:

TessaShaefferPhotography&Design said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trudy...{and jamo} said...

poor girl! I am sorry you're not feeling well! I have heard the honey will help. Maybe we will go to H & M next week...