Tuesday, November 8, 2011

new news.

I have some news.
Something I have been wanting to share for quite some time... and I may have let it slip a time or two - not really knowing my audience.
You see, it wasn't really a secret. It was more of a technicality. A not for sure thing.
But now, now this is a for sure thing. Sure as the sky is blue and the poppies are orange.
Oh, poppies.

Kirk and I are relocating to the city by the bay.
That's right, 
San Francisco.
Source: kevindart.com via Alix on Pinterest

This will be quite the adventure to say the least.
Some people are even telling us not to do it.
But, you see, I have always wanted to live in a city. At least for a time, just to see what it's like. To feel the energy and the hustle and bustle.
I am a country girl at heart. Give me a cozy cottage and a quiet town and I am good. As long as there is a Nordstrom near by. Oh, that's not real country? Shoot.
The point is, I am excited. This will be a new chapter in our lives and I can't wait to start it!
And when I go, I'll be sure to put a flower in my hair as Scott MacKenzie so eloquently put.
To blend, of course.






4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

One of my allll time favorite movies is What's Up Doc, and it is filmed in San Fran. Watch it and find that crazy zig zag street!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Oh so exciting!!! My bro-n-law Jordan and his wife live there. They love it!! It is expensive but they always do such fun things. Now i can see you both if I ever come visit:)

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this is the first I'm hearing about this! How exciting! When is this move happening?? I always pictured you living in California at some point, glad it's finally happening! Yay!

Heather Curtis said...

I am so excited for you! Now is the perfect time to feel the hustle and bustle of big city life! I have always had the craving to discover what that would be like as well, and sadly, my time may have passed. Big city life doesn't exactly sound ideal for or with antsy little kids. So live it up! And whether you fall in love with it or not, it will be an awesome adventure!