Thursday, November 3, 2011

the ultimate goal.

As previously mentioned on my blog, I spend a lot of time doing a whole lot of hanging out with Kirk.
And I admitted that I have gained x number of pounds in the past 6 months (a number that I will not share. I'm too sensitive about it.) I blame the relationship because as most of you may already know, relationships make you fat.
There's a whole lotta eating out and hanging out and not a whole lotta working out.
So my goals have shifted a bit and I am trying to reverse my bad habits.
Which is really hard by the way.
I can't quite remember what I used to do before I did the things I do now... to replace the bad habits.
I haven't ever been a really unhealthy eater. Except for carbs. Those are my weakness.
But I am excited to report that yesterday while at dinner, I did NOT eat my slice of bread. A major feat in my eyes as I never pass up a slice of bread.
Never.
I have decided to make my goals small enough to reach. And to give myself rewards for reaching my goals.
Hunter rain boots when I lose x amount of weight
A facial when I lose the next amount of weight.
Until I reach my goal.
However, I have also decided that the scale is not really something I will be using to track my success. I am choosing the way I feel and the way I look as a measuring tool of my success.
Yes, it is nice to see numbers that tell you how hard you have been working, but we all know that the scale doesn't measure strength or inches. 
It's not easy. I find that I get pretty hard on myself and sometimes I don't see the results of my hard work and I want to rip my hair out.
I also have made other goals that I feel are attainable for me and I can reward myself when I do them.
Drinking more water throughout the day. This is super hard for me because I love my diet coke. I have a hard time drinking the water here in Utah because it tastes funny to me so I have drink purified water or bottled water. I know I'm particular but listen, this is the only way for me.
Water allows the body to rid itself of the toxins you may gain from working out. It also helps the body rid of water weight AND makes my hair and skin nice and hydrated. In this dry Utah weather, there ain't nothing better than a glass of water to heal all dry wounds.
I won't beat myself up if I can't make it to the gym every day or if I eat something awful... I just need to remember that just because one mistake is made, doesn't mean I have to quit altogether. This is something that I want to do and change for the rest of my life. 
I want to be around for my children and show them how to have an active lifestyle.
And that, my friends, is my ultimate goal.

1 comment:

Ani said...

you go sista! (even though you are perfect the way you are) also, i'm telling you - i think you should switch to golds. ok? ok.