Friday, November 18, 2011

this and that.

Well, as it turns out, this sicky is sick once again.
What the heck.
I'm not quite sure where I got it/am getting it from but it's getting a little old.
Today I had to cancel on my lovely friend Trudy and our outing to H&M today for fear of getting her and her little family sick. I am such a good friend.

Wedding planning is going... Everyone always asks me how it's going and that's just what I say. It's going. Who knew I would hate it so much? I think planning other people's weddings is fun, but planning my own is a whole other story. The one that I'm telling right now.
I am still on the search for a venue. I think I have decided that it will be in California for sure. I was going back and forth between a few ideas. And even considering a destination type wedding but in the end, I think I just should have a party for everyone, k?
Maybe.
I'm so back and forth with EVERYTHING. From location, to colors, to the actual wedding dress. My poor dress maker is probably wanting to strangle me.

However, moving is kind of fun. Well the actual act of moving is not. Packing, packing, organizing, packing and driving to the Golden State will probably not be a walk in the park, but I would rather move 10 times than plan my own wedding. HAHA!
I am moving down to California in January to live with my aunt and uncle (where my mom is) and staying there until Kirk and I get married. Kirk will (hopefully) find a place in the city to live in January and it will be the place we move into once we do get married! I have found a bunch of places that I LOVE and I am trying to convince the Turkey that they are all wonderful places to call home. He is not so keen on living in a loft apartment... He wants office space so he can work at home (which I am totally all for) but there aren't many decent spaces with 2 bedrooms. Well, there are. Just not with the San Francisco charm and architecture that I was hoping for. I mean, we will probably only live in the city once and not for that long... I want to soak up all that it has to offer!






I am seriously SO excited to live there. I have always wanted to live in a city and San Francisco is pretty cool with some awesome views. I have always felt like northern California had a piece of my heart and now I get to reunite with that piece of my heart very soon. I just can't wait to explore and find cool things. Don't you worry, I will document it all. Well, most of it. I'm still working on documenting my life now. But hopefully with new surroundings and basically a new life, I will be more motivated to do so.

We are going to California for Thanksgiving this year and it's a bitter sweet thing. I said this last year, but it's just not the same as having a place to call home. Holidays and family get togethers are always super crowded there (another reason why I'm excited to move there. Then I can just go home at night instead of drive the 13 hour drive back to Utah.) But I am excited to stuff my face with mashed potatoes and stuffing. Oh, stuffing.

Ok, I will get back to healing my sick nose and scratchy throat and finishing my online wedding registry (that part is fun. 1 point for me.)
Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Becca said...

ok I 100% agree. Planning my wedding was not so fun...more stressful then anything!! People don't understand until they are planning their own!! Good luck with everything!

Juliana said...

We need to do lunch or dinner with some Shadey ladies before you leave us!!! Let's figure out a time!

Lorna said...

Go to Whole Foods or Harmons and get some raw Kombucha by Synergy drink. It will help to cure what ills you have. Mark swears by the stuff whenever he has a cold or is sick. It is in the cold drinks section and comes in several flavors. It is kind of weird tasting but when you are sick, you will not mind it.

Ali Beeson said...

Don't worry I completely agree today! I hattted planning my wedding! It was such a relief when it was over!!! Good luck!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

you. are. such. a. great. friend.

haha,i love you!