Tuesday, November 30, 2010

it's coming.

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for their support after that last post. I was really feeling blue and I am so glad I have people in my life who are there for me and love me. I really do appreciate every single one of you... and you know who you are.

Nextly, let's talk about Christmas.
I am very excited about this. I think I am more excited for this SEASON than for the actual day of Christmas. I love the music. The snow. The holiday shopping traffic. The busy mall. The hot soups and hot chocolates. The lights. I could really go on and on. It makes me feel warm inside. Does it do this for you? It's quite possibly the most inspiring holiday ever.
It makes me want to do tons of holiday crafts. I have already made a wreath that really didn't turn out to be Christmas-y. It just turned out cute and totally usable all year round.
Here are some other crafts I want to make:

The yarn wreath. Actually, I have already made one and they are probably the easiest things ever. Just buy a foam ring and then your favorite yarn and wrap it around. Time consuming, yes. However, it's way cute and super cheap and I love it.

Another foam extravaganza. These are adorable and rustic and they look kind of homemade but mostly they look awesome. Even though I have inherited hundreds of ornaments, I still want to make these and find some sort of reason to use them all year round. Maybe put them in a bowl or on a plate for the coffee table? Yes.

And foam party #3. Foam cone with felt flaps. I love this idea. I love it. And it's perfect for the holidays. I bet you could use a different color felt and keep it up year round. Like, grey and yellow cones. They won't look like Christmas. I promise.


No comments: