Saturday, May 8, 2010

moral dilemma.

Hi.
As most of you know, I broke my foot... in March.
I acquired a temporary handicap tag that has allowed me to park closely to the entrance to the mall, where I work.
What you don't know is...
My tag doesn't expire until May 31st and I am clearly and fully healed.
What you don't know is how spoiled I have become. Just today I went to WalMart with Kirk and was so annoyed that all the handicap spaces were taken by people who actually HAVE a legitimate reason for parking in those spaces.
Or last night while parking to go see Iron Man 2 (enjoyable), I parked in the handicap spot, passing all of the humble people parking in REGULAR parking.
I am actually dreading the day my handicap tag expires because then I will become a commoner and have to park with the rest of the small people who are not as privileged as me.
WHO the freak am I?

7 comments:

ryanandmindy said...

haha..this is why we are friends.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I can see myself becoming this way. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm totally judging you right now, but I can see how one (myself included) might become "dependent" on a handicap parking permit. One time a dryer in our laundry room was "broken" and we called it a magic dryer because it didn't take money to make it run as long as you wanted. Then the fixed it and I was all butt hurt over it. We have so much in common.

Katie said...

I dont judge....I kinda wish i had one too!

The Aprecios said...

soak it up. take advantage. its not forever.

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Ha ha probably something I would do too! I don't judge.

grant + brittany said...

the part where you called yourself a commoner was my favorite part. i actually laughed out loud. do you even know how funny you are? anyway you are going to hell for this.

grant + brittany said...

oh and i can't wait to hear about the results for the dark spot corrector so do keep us updated!