Saturday, November 6, 2010

ew.

Today I had an experience that was purely gross.
I was at Kirk's apartment tonight. I had to use the restroom like crazy so I walked into his bathroom that he shares with another roommate and there was a PUDDLE of URINE on the floor.
A PUDDLE!
A few things ran through my mind when I saw this.
1. How can one MISS the toilet like that and NOT bother to clean up after themselves?
2. Maybe this is a common thing among boys and since I grew up with approximately ZERO brothers, I have no experience in this matter.
3. However, I did have a step brother and although he only visited every summer and every other Thanksgiving and Christmas, I did not encounter any urine on the floor whatsoever.
4. Stop gagging.
5. Maybe that's why BYU has the honor code - which I was clearly in violation of - and thus it would have prevented me from running into such a disgusting scene.

I was actually more pissed (pun intended) than anything else. I ran from the restroom to Kirk and demanded that he should what was in the bathroom. Of course he denied any responsibility in the matter (he tends to be pretty neat and clean and I really appreciate that about him. I enjoy cleanliness. Who doesn't?) and continued to explain that it's his roommate and it has actually been going on for a while...
um... WHAT?
He then told me that he didn't know how to tell his roommate to clean up his PEE from the floor without sounding condescending or hurting his feelings.
I think the best way to handle this situation is of course with a sign above the toilet that says,
"Please control your aim or clean your mess, you filthy, filthy animal."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I refuse to use boys bathrooms because encountering something like this would be my biggest fear coming to life.

Darren and Brandi said...

that is disgusting. who does that??

Bushland said...

Perhaps Kirk could suggest throwing a few Cheerios into the bowl to give the offending roommate a target to aim for. This worked for my boys when they were potty training. Also a strong statement that the offending roommate's mother does NOT live there to train him and clean up after his "accidents". That might inspire him to improve. Yuck!!