Friday, October 1, 2010

in OTHER news.

Kirk and I went to see "Easy A" tonight and I would have to admit that I fully and completely enjoyed the cinematic adventure we shared. It was truly magical.
(Kirk likes the above photo best. I don't know why.)
(This one clearly depicts the current scene more accurately. I'm not even ashamed.)

NOW, we are watching some creepy documentary about under water sea creatures that really should never be seen by human eyes. That's probably why we know more about the surface of the moon than the bottom of the ocean. The ocean is freaking freaky! Did you know there are crabs the size of trash cans? Not the kind of trash cans in your house. Those are puny in comparison to the kind in your garage which happen to be the ones I am referring to. This is unsightly and purely scary. I disagree with the existence of them. I don't know what that means. All I know is that it's gonna take a lot of convincing before I enter into any ocean bottoms. Since I regularly visit the bottom of the ocean. Kirk likes to watch boring and sometimes creepy documentaries and fall asleep to them. He's a romantic I guess. I personally feel as though that is a remarkable idea considering all of the boredom that ensues once that British voice starts to lull the soul. Hey, that rhymed.
I definitely got a large diet coke at the cinema tonight and I am reaping the rewards of it now. MEANING, I am wired and therefore am writing this completely relevant blog post. And apparently I am making a recent habit of creating RELEVANT blog posts.

Today, a lady came into Shade and showed me two of the exact same shirt and asked me which one was prettier. I stared at her for a quick second or twelve and then thought that this woman may indeed be nuts. This perplexing story ends with me choosing a shirt and explaining to the lady that the one I chose was more pretty than the other because it seemed to be a more vibrant shirt. It spoke to me of course. I think that's what she wanted to hear.
In retail, I learned to kind of make stuff up as I go. Customers come in all the time with questions that I would never expect to hear at any point in my life and I have to be quick and on the ball or else I lose the sale. Not to be confused with SELL. That is what people here in Utah say for both the word "sell" and the word "sale." I digress.
That is a reason I will put on my list as to why I will not miss retail. It takes a certain kind of person to enjoy that field of work. Don't get me wrong, I love retail. From the shopping end of course. And maybe one thing that I will miss about my job is the discount.
Anyway, I am off to watch an episode of "Lie to Me" with my honeybabes (what? Not so keen on the nick name? Well, wait until you hear what I REALLY call him. Only a select few know the truth. You know who you are.)
Ow vider zane.
That's Austrian for see ya.

1 comment:

ryanandmindy said...

freaking LOVED that movie.
"i gotta...i gotta..i gotta..I GOTTA POCKET GOTTA POCKETFUL OF SUNSHINE!"