Tuesday, February 2, 2010

it's about time.



Hello friends.
We are friends right?
Good.
I ran today for the first time in like... forever.
Seriously, I can't remember the last time I ran.
I can't remember the last time I worked out!
At any rate, seriously, at any rate (the rate of a one-legged turtle. They fast.), I am proud of my accomplishment of getting up off my BUTT and doing something good for myself.
I would like to thank Shea for that. She has been asking me to work out with her and has even had 24 Hour Fitness calling me telling me Shea has left me a pass to come work out.
What a gem.
Finally, after several times I said no, I said ok, I WILL.
So I went.
I ran for 2 miles. Walked for a half mile. All within 25 minutes. I have absolutely NO idea if that is good, bad, average... I just know it's more than I thought I could do. Mostly because I get tired from walking from the parking lot to the gym. Seriously.
I think I could have gone further but my poor little weak leggies were turning into jell-o. I am totally going to be paying for it tomorrow.
NONETHELESS, I shall be back tomorrow. Running.
And it feels good.




3 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

YAY Alix! Good job! I love running! Once you get going, you get hooked and it feels awesome. I would love to get hooked on running again, but alas, I have taken up baking instead. I don't care who you are, I think running 2 miles, especially after not having ran in a long time, is pretty awesome. You are AMAZING! I want to be you!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Darren and Brandi said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you! (I sound like I'm talking to Cade right now haha). But seriously, I am. Very impressed too. And yes, I'm sure you're paying for it now, but sore muscles is a good and satisfying pain because you know it means you accomplished something amazing. Way to go!