Wednesday, February 3, 2010

thoughts.

So tomorrow is the first day in a long time that I don't work until 3pm!
This only means I get to sleep in until 2pm :)
KIDDING... noon.
This also means I can go to 7-11 right night and get me some Diet Coke.

Anyway, I have been thinking a lot lately. Being really introspective. There has been a lot going on in my life lately. Some good, some not so good and I am slowly - but surely - learning new things about myself. I tend to block out the not so good things from my daily thoughts. I don't like to dwell and be sad. This I heard, is bad... According to Dr. Drew. If he was here, he would ask me "how does that make you FEEL?" And I would simply say, it makes me FEEL nothing. Nothing except WHY ME?! And then... then, I came across this quote:

"We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way."

-Unknown

Humbling. I should be grateful for the positive things in life. And remember how lucky I am and say "why ME!?" as in, why would someone like me deserve such great moments? Let's look on the bright side here. However, I am realizing that it is pretty difficult to understand and fully appreciate the good without a dose of the bad. This is where Dr. Drew comes back into play. If I am choosing not to feel the bad, then I am choosing not to feel the good. So, not only am I going to be grateful for the good, but also for the bad. Because you can't have one, without the other.

2 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

i love this. its so true girlfriend. hope lifes good:]

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Deep. I like it. In my book, anything Dr. Drew says is actually doctrine. It's interesting that you are going to choose to feel the bad. When I was reading this I was thinking, I WISH I could block out bad (or anything for that matter), but I just think too hard. You have to let me know how that works out for you. Also, you should call me sometime.