Monday, March 8, 2010

busted.

Story time.
Lately, I have been spending exorbitant amounts of time at home which allows me to surf the web and view tacky day-time television.
Some good things that have come from this are delightfully delicious recipes I happen upon.
One of which was featured Ina Garten's The Barefoot Contessa (A Food Network favorite.)
This particular recipe was a lovely penne with tomato sauce. I will say that while watching this be plated, I may have drooled. I'm not even embarrassed.
I wanted to make it for Sunday dinner.
This recipe called for Vodka and after a facebook poll, I determined that I will not feel guilt about cooking with alcohol and I will in fact, make it.
Saturday night I asked Kirk to take me to the state liquor store.
Of course we had absolutely no idea where this place was and Kirk and I were fumbling with our phones trying to plug it in to our GPS systems. All the while, Kirk is kind of swerving in and out of traffic and changing lanes without signaling etc.
Next thing we know, we see the police lights flashing behind us.
Great.
Cop comes to the window and proceeds to tell us all of the minor infractions we managed to make within a block radius.
Cop then asks, "Where are you guys going?"
Kirk and I exchanged glances, stuttered... basically we were being totally suspicious and awkward.
Finally Kirk said, "Ok, this is going to sound really bad, but we are on our way to the state liquor store to get some vodka for a recipe for tomorrow night."
Wow.
The cop draws up his sleeve, looks at his watch and says, "Liquor store closes at 10:30pm."
(It was 11:15pm at that point.)
Cop leaves with Kirk's license and registration and comes back and says, "Watch your driving."
And that was it.
I told Kirk, "I'm surprised you told the cop the truth about where we were going!"
Kirk replied, "I believe it was the truth that set us free."

Ironic.


3 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

It's true. The truth DOES set you free! So wise... like a miniature Buddha... covered in hair...question mark? Um... community laundry. She emptied her 4 dryers and I took over 2 of them. There is a formula to go with it if you want the math behind it.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

ahhhhh!!!!!!!
that is crazy, like something that happens in a movie!

ryanandmindy said...

HAHA..awesome. did you ever get your vodka for your delicious meal??