Tuesday, March 2, 2010

if it ain't broke...

Well... it is.
Note: the guy in the right corner behind me. Funny. Also, don't judge me. I look like a mess and that's because I was.
Story: (It's not even a cool story.) I went home early from work because I was feeling mysteriously and suddenly nauseous. I rested for a few hours and then headed to my cousin's house for the Bachelor finale.
I was on the last step of my stairs and my ankle just gave out. I have weak ankles. Surprised I have gone this far without an injury.
Anyway, there went my ankle and the side of my foot broke my fall.
I even heard a CRACKING sound.
(It makes me cringe just thinking about it.)
I totally thought I was fine because I am clumsy and fall all the time. I went to the kitchen to grab my popcorn maker and that's when I realized there was a problem. I really couldn't walk.
I called Kirk and he told me to come right over so we could figure out a game-plan. I had borrowed his car to come home from work early so hobbled myself (thought about crawling across the street) And drove myself to his place with my left foot... not easy.
I was kind of freaking out because if it was broken, how could I work? How would I pay for the hospital bills? What am I going to do?
Luckily, Kirk was immediately on the ball and making phone calls left and right. (Seriously, thank the Lord for Kirk.)
Short story long, I made it to the E.R. and took a few X-rays and it was determined there was a small bone break on the right side of my right foot. A piece of my BONE broke off! AH!
So now I am on crutches and have a little boot on my foot.
Luckily, the doc said I could try walking on it in a week and should be fully healed in a month or so.
Oooooooh Mondays...

6 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my poor Alix! Hopefully you are being babied by your man. Let's be honest though... I am also surprised you have gone so long without an injury :) te he he...

Feel better!

Aaron and Megan said...

Alix! I hope you are feeling better. I have to admit that I started laughing while thinking about you driving with your left foot. Oh goodness, I miss your laugh! Anyway, hope that foot gets better soon!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

yo! (i like that you put that on my blog.)
what the heck? oh my gosh! broke your ankle on me did ya? crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that kid behind you is hilarious!
TGIK-thank goodness for kirk!

i am kind of scared to read 'skinny bitch' from what you said about it! do you have it? maybe i could borrow it?

Brittany said...

oh my gosh...that sucks. Thank heavens for Kirk! Good luck with your recovery.

grant + brittany said...

alix your poor thing! can i tell you how much i love reading your stories though? they really do make me laugh! you are just hilarious. anyway i hope it heals fast.... it sounds like you were pretty brave! go alix!!!

Becca said...

ah thats terrible! get better soon!