Tuesday, March 16, 2010

my boyfriend is funny.

Ok.
A couple weeks ago, Kirk and I were going through a bunch of notes that I wrote him when we first started dating. He happened upon a note from a girl from his past and I wanted to read it but he refused and tore it up and threw it in the dumpster.
SO ANNOYING.
That evening we had to go grocery shopping.
(This was 2 days after I had broken my foot.)
Kirk told me that I needed to use one of those motorized carts.
I told him no because those are embarrassing and that HE should use it - still annoyed that he wouldn't let me read that dang note.
Kirk accepted his punishment and got into the motorized cart and carted along his limping girlfriend.
This was a sight.
Kirk, having nothing wrong with is mobilization, had no real reason to drive this cart around. He just looked like a jerk who made his broken-footed girlfriend walk. It was so funny. I really was laughing so hard.
The story gets better, I promise.
So, we're shopping along for dinner supplies and next thing we know... we run into THE GIRL.
HAHAHAHA!
Let me paint you a picture.
Limping girlfriend with cast. Boyfriend in motorized cart turning BRIGHT red and girl from past staring in confusion at the sight. I don't blame her. It was weird. HAHA.
After the awkward encounter, I couldn't help but think, poor Kirk.
Ohhhh, karma.
I truly do believe in that.




5 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

hahaha... I love this story. I would have been embarrassed to drive the cart too. But I mean, come on... when are you ever going to have a chance to do it again!? Most likely you would have to gain 300 lbs and be the obese ladies that rock those bad boys in the local Walmart. Just saying. Also, you don't actually want to read the old notes. You may think you do, but you don't. Rather than being bugged that you didn't know what the note said, you would be bothered about what it actually DID say. But alas... karma is a beautiful B.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Also, I am not sure how I feel about the fact that our ONLY communication for the last few months has been over blog comments.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

karma!
haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love modern family! and i love your sequins post.

Darren and Brandi said...

hahaha that is hilarious! i love it!

Becca said...

hahah i laughed at this story. too funny. hope your foot is getting better.