Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bananas

Alright alright alright.
I know I do a lot of product reviews on this here blog. And I don't even get any sort of compensation from it! Nonetheless, I will admit I am somewhat of a "product junkie" and when I find something that I LOVE, I just want to share it with the whole world!

Currently, I am hooked on these little shake mixers from Herbalife. (Cuzzo Rachel sells them. Inquire if you would like some!)
I am currently using the Wild Berry flavor and mixing it with some Tropicana 50 and some Yoplait frozen smoothie mix into the magic bullet and VIOLA! A healthy and DELICIOUS meal!
I have been making them for breakfast for about a month now and I enjoy them since I never really ate breakfast before.
Then I came across an article on BANANAS and I learned how amazingly good bananas are for you! I actually am not a banana person myself and I kind of get grossed out by them. I think it's their shape and texture which I do not enjoy and I can remember at a young age, my sister chewing bananas in my ear and I would gag at the sound.
WEIRD, right?
Well, I am trying a whole new different approach.
Bananas in my smoothie.
While not super noticeable, I am still maintaining my healthy breakfast AND adding a few more benefits to my meal. Oh yeah, killing two birds with one stone. LOVELY.
Well, I tried it and I still couldn't eat it.
I was a little disgusted by the flavor and texture of my smoothie and it was hard to eat it all.
But alas, I finished my breakfast without one gag.
I am training myself to eat healthier and so even though I have an aversion to bananas (no jokes please) I am learning to incorporate them.
And that, my friends, is my spiel on BANANAS.
THE END.

1 comment:

ryanandmindy said...

haha..i HATE bananas in my smoothies. texture..bleh! flavor..GAH! i'm glad we agree.