Monday, January 25, 2010

nordstrom: my hero

Let me tell you reason #783 why I LOVE Nordstrom.
I bought a pair of Hudson Jeans. An investment, let me tell ya.
A few months later, a HOLE was ripped in my jeans and you could see my BUTT! Not as attractive as one may think.
I was nervous about bringing the jeans back because I had heard some horror stories about t.b.d. not returning Hudsons with ripped holes because they are just thinner and it comes with the wear of the jeans and I hate to be confrontational. I don't want a fight. I just want a new pair of jeans.
I decided to try anyway. I simply explained to the saleswoman that my jeans ripped with only a few months of wear and that I was so sad about it.
She quickly looked up my transaction and told me she would return the jeans and asked if I would like to order a new pair.
WHY YES! I replied.
I was ecstatic about her inquiry and her swiftness to solve the problem. I mean, what was I so worried about.
Then the woman informed me that the jeans are now on sale and that I will be receiving $80 back!
AWESOME!
I win.
Seriously, made my day.

6 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

Holy shnikies (not sure how to spell that... but you know what I'm trying to say)!!! How much were they to begin with???

Alix said...

A lot, Brandi. However, I did mention that this particular pair of jeans was an "investment." I saved all my pennies for these babies. So you can imagine my despair when there was a HOLE in my los jeans!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

what the heck?
you must be living right.

lucky

Brittany said...

I have a pair of hudson's too and they were an "investment" for me as well. Maybe I should rip a hole in mine and then return them in hopes that they will be on sale! I also LOVE Nordstrom. I keep telling Kelly we need to move closer to one. :)

ryanandmindy said...

seriously??? ummm..SCORE! you wanna pass some hudson's MY way? that's be great. thanks.

grant + brittany said...

hhahahah trudys comment is the best. so when she looked up the transaction number did it like fit into some requirement for a return or something? either way that is the bomb.com