Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cilantro Lime Quesadillas


Kirk came over a few nights ago - starving.
I wasn't planning on making some dinner so I searched through my fridge and pantry and found some ingredients for these.
DIVINE. and EASY.

1 whole wheat tortilla
2 chicken tenders or 1 chicken breast
1/2 lime
1/4 cup cheese (I used mexican blend shredded, but any kind you like is delicious)
8 or 9 sprigs of cilantro - chopped
cumin
pepper
seasoned salt
garlic salt

Season chicken with cumin, garlic salt and pepper. Cut and cut into cubes. (I used the Gorge Forman grill. Delicious.) Squeeze lime juice and add cilantro to chicken and stir it up. Spray pan with non-stick spray and heat up tortilla. Spread cheese and chicken onto half of the tortilla. Fold tortilla over and cook on both sides until cheese is melted. Sprinkle seasoned salt and cumin on top of quesadilla and slice up. It's delicious with salsa, sour cream and guacamole! ENJOY!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I will definitely be trying these. They look divine. Kirk is a lucky guy!

Steph and David said...

Alix, I am stealing this. Literally stealing this and posting it on my blog. Thanks!!!