Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mondays...


Hello?
Are you there?
It's me.
Ok.
Mondays are naturally tough. I don't like to complain. I'm really not one to.
Ok... maybe a lie?
If you would have asked me what kind of day I was having at 5:47pm this evening I would have said "it's PLAIN awful!"
From the annoying customers that came into the store today, to the 12 minute wait for a parking spot at Smith's, to not being able to find the right kind of canned tomatoes, to realizing AFTER I started making dinner that I bought the wrong kind of canned tomatoes 10 minutes before the bachelor... oh yes my friends, things were going MY WAY.
Then, I watched the Bachelor (hottest bachelor ever!) and watched cousin Rachel's bestie, Tenley, win Jake's first kiss and the first impression rose. And I ate my weight in candy and diet coke. I felt much much better.
My blood sugar must have been low.
That would explain the irritable mood I was in.
I do realize that the Bachelor can be seemingly staged, cheesy and pretty much fake, but I LOOOOVE it.
I love all shows cheesy, fake, trashy and dumb.
YES. That's me.
Embrace it.

4 comments:

Kali and JT said...

Oh my gosh I LOOOOVE Tenley she is soo sweet! I have like a million questions- did she used to be LDS? and how old was she again? We need to like start having parties to watch or something, and also isn't that crying girl SOO annoying and vienna like some sorority girl- definitely not ready for jake. Anyways top of the morning to you, enjoy tuesday!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oh you aren't alone. I have been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette since Deanna's season (4 seasons ago) and I'm hooked. And you're right, it does appear to be staged and cheesy - but for some reason... I still believe that it could work for some people.

Katie said...

I knew we were friends for a reason... I love the bachelor/bachelorette. I've been a dedicated viewer since day 1... or season 1. I often have a LOT of feelings of embarrassment while watching it though. Some girls definitely don't do themselves any favors by opening their mouths.

Brittany said...

I had my TIVO set to record it and while I was feeding Dax this morning I turned it on to realize it only recorded the last 10 minutes....KELLY!! I'm pissed. I guess I will have to watch it online. I'm glad it cheered you up though. I wish I lived closer so we could watch it together.