Sunday, January 10, 2010

hummm de dummm

Saw Avatar in IMAX 3D this weekend.
I will admit that I was not too excited to see it and poor Kirk was DYING to see it again.
I absolutely LOVED it.
Not so much the story... but the movie itself was pure eye candy. I have never seen anything so amazing on screen before!
I highly recommend seeing it and paying the extra cash to see it in IMAX. So worth it.

In other news, I went to visit cuzzo Rachel at Paul Mitchell on Saturday to get a luxurious scalp treatment.
I wasn't really having any issues with my scalp but this was probably the best thing I have ever done for the well-being of my hair. It is shinier, healthier, bouncier... who woulda thought that such a seemingly tiny thing would change my hair!
LOVE it.

And today I made some homemade alfredo.
Want the recipe?
Well I am feeling generous.
Enjoy.

  • 1 lb of your favorite pasta (I like to use rotini or penne)
  • 1 16 oz. can chicken stock
  • 1 package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (you may use any kind you want, that's just what I use)
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3-5 cloves of garlic (depending on flavor)
  • 2 chicken breasts or 5 chicken tenders
  • 1 1/2 cup broccoli
Bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Add chicken stock and cream cheese on medium heat and whisk together. Once fully mixed together, add parmesan cheese and garlic. Try not to let the mixture come to a boil because it could turn the garlic bitter. You may cook the chicken any way you prefer. I like to use the George Forman grill but, you can boil it or cook on the stovetop. Chop into cubes and set aside. Microwave broccoli with a little bit of salt and pepper. Stir all ingredients together and serve! It is seriously so easy and so delicious.


1 comment:

Ani said...

thanks for posting this recipe sister! i always seem to forget it... haha ps i like your new header! it's really cuuuuute!