Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I almost died today.

Ahem,
Well a few of you had questions about my connection to Tenley.
Sadly, I am not her sister, cousin or her best friend.
HOWEVER my sister's cousin's (who is also MY cousin) best friend just so happens to be TENLEY!
So that is how I know her.

Secondly,
Deva Curl can be found at any salon or salon shop.
May I warn once more that it is in the pricier side but, if you are willing to sacrifice a few dollars,
you will not be disappointed my friends.

In other news,
I amost died today.
Ok, maybe not as near death as it may seem, but I felt fear.
And that's all that matters.
I have a great story for all of you fellow readers.
Today, I went to the bank to make a few deposits and get some change. The line was long as expected the day after a holiday. I mean, I probably waited for about 20 minutes. I was in no rush. I caught up playing Bejeweled on my phone.
One of the tellers closed his window and informed the next woman in line that he was closed. The man being helped next to him became irate at the situation and started yelling,
"Are you KIDDING ME! These people have been waiting for well over 20 minutes and you are closed? You people do absolutely NOTHING! You don't work! And you are SO slow! And the customer service is piss-poor. (he said it, not me) I am never banking here again! I am done!"
I was so shocked at this man's behavior and his ability to become so angry so quickly in a public area. I was a little bit uncomfortable and decided to maintain eye contact with my iPhone. (Ok, I was petrified this guy was gonna pull out a gun and take everyone hostage. He was THAT mad.)
Then one of the tellers yells back,
"We ARE working as hard and as fast as we can! We are trying to catch up from yesterday! Give us a break!"
The man replied,
"I think I have given you guys ENOUGH breaks! I pay for you guys to work and you guys don't do a thing!"
THEN,
A third party -customer- enters the scene and begins to yell back at the man,
"Yeah, you pay for it with your $20 a week job!"
(good comeback. seriously.)
The yelling man then replies,
"WELL I DON'T CARE! I know you guys are just going to talk about me behind my back when I leave and you know what? I don't even care! Go ahead, talk about me. See if I care!"
umm... Oh, sorry we didn't realize we were listening to the center of the universe on his soapbox at Zion's Bank today. Thank you for your permission to speak about you after you leave.
The man then exits the branch and the customer says,
"I'm sorry I yelled at him. I just love Zion's Bank!"

And then everyone clapped and cheered.
Dead. Serious.
BIZARRE.

Needless to say, I am very thankful that the man spared my life.
I'm so glad I am alive to be able to tell such a tale.

5 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

bahahahaha! On time when I was working at a hotel I had a lobby full of customers and yelled at someone at another hotel being rude on the phone, and got applauded. Dead serious. Awkward times for sure. I miss you. Also, if I had curls, I would deva-fy them for sure. I dont think that price is that bad personally... I looked it up. More tips and stories please. thanks

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

HAHAHAHA! These things happen at banks all the time. It's pretty awesome. Can't tell you how many times I've been told to "go to hell" that I'm "the devil" etc. Great fun! And there have been TOO MANY times where I feared a customer would come back with a gun and shoot me and my unborn child down.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love it!

Ani said...

hahahaha that is the funniest thing i've ever heard! people can be so crazy at banks! i've had similar situations happen to me as well! one time this lady just started swearing really loud at one of our loan officers. this lady got soo mad my manager came back and told me get ready to call the police. people get crazy when it comes to money! i'm glad you didn't die!

Brittany said...

That's fantastic. I love awkward situations! I'm glad your still with us Alix.