Friday, January 22, 2010

a few lessons in retail.

Alright everybody.
I never thought people could be so darn rude until I worked in retail.
I never knew people acted so entitled until I worked in retail.
Well let this be a little lesson to you all... a little shopping 101, if you will.
Listen, learn, take notes!

FIRST, if you make a mess, do your best to clean it up. Even if it's not the greatest job, it shows us that you aren't a heartless snob who expects everyone to clean up after you. We are not your mother. And hopefully if you are old enough to shop, your mother is NOT cleaning up after you.
If you need help finding a size, we are more than happy to assist you in your search. Don't pick up EVERY single shirt and throw them every which way as if through the manic search one will appear right in front of your eyes.
If you decide you don't want said shirts, don't leave them where ever you feel like it. This includes the floor. NO. BAD. Seriously people, did your mother teach you ANYTHING? Our store isn't even that big. You can take the 4 extra steps to the original pile of clothing. OR, I wouldn't be offended if you handed me the clothing that you do not want.
SECONDLY, if something falls off a hanger, and you make direct eye-contact with me, don't stare at me as if to say, "Sorry. This is not my job to clean up." Enough said.
THIRD, there is no need to show me the shirts that you hate. I really don't care about the ones you do not like. NOR do I care about the reasons behind such hatred. Tell me what you do like. Don't walk into the store, grab hated shirts, bring them to the counter and explain to me why you are disappointed in them, and then say you don't want to buy anything because you have worked yourself into a frenzy and hastily walk out. You have made your point.
FOURTH, don't even get me started on the dressing rooms. There is such thing as dressing room etiquette. It goes as follows, no clothes on floor. Seriously. May I remind, the dressing room is not your bedroom. You may leave clothes on your bedroom floor. You may not leave clothes on the dressing room floor.
I don't know why people have been just getting on my last nerve lately. I really shouldn't let it bother me and I shouldn't take these offenses personally, but I totally do! I act like every single one of these delinquents is my arch nemesis and is trying to destroy my life which includes my workspace! Alright, I'm off my soapbox. The End.

4 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

haha. i love this . girlfriend you are too cute

xoxo
j
<3

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure I've broken every one of these rules. Now I feel ashamed. So sorry.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Alright, I will admit it. I wouldn't do it in Shade (because it's too small and I would get caught) But I frequently abandon merchandise wherever I feel like in department stores, or forever 21, or big stores where I won't get caught. Does that still count? They wont know its me. I find myself saying things like "It's a bad economy, you gotta keep people working." Alix, I mean well.

Juliana said...

I am with ya girl! Everytime I go in any store I actually clean it up as I shop- refold their clothes everything- i feel so bad because i know what it feels like to be treated like we are! haha