Wednesday, January 27, 2010

la musica

(via maluna)
Anyone who knows me well, or who has lived with me should know my obsession with music.
LOUD music.
Pretty much any and all music.
I seriously listen to the most random music sometimes.
I'll never forget the time bff Heather came into my room whilst I was blaring Sheryl Crow's, "IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY!"
and she goes, "WHAT? Who blares Sheryl Crow?!"
Yeah, I'm awesome like that.
I love country. I especially love twangy country. Even though I am from Seattle and like, NO ONE listens to country there. In fact, I remember hating country growing up. And getting annoyed with other bff Brandi when she would play it. And then, one day, I woke up and I said to myself, "Vivian, (yes, that's what I call myself) YOU like country music!"
So now I like it. A lot. I'm persuasive like that.
I like rap.
Like gangster, runnin' around with my blue/red (I don't choose sides. Plus, I don't want to get shot) do-rag hanging out of my back pocket - rap.
I like new songs. I usually like those songs that everyone says, "I HATE this song."
Sometimes it's reversed and people say, "I LOVE this song." I tend to hate it.
I like girly love songs.
I mean Mariah Carey and Celine Dion - eat your heart out.
I like depressing Dashboard Confessional songs.
I like Frank Sinatra. I probably would like it more if I could dance to it.
I don't like African Tribal music. Well, maybe I do. Just not played while I am trying to sleep. Yes, that has happened to me before.
SO many great memories made with music.
I am in such a weird mood right now.
Which brings me to my next point.
I am currently digging and listening to 70's Disco. I don't even know if that is a genre. Maybe I made it up. Regardless, I am seriously jammin' out to a little Earth, Wind and Fire, some Stevie Wonder, sprinkled with Kacie & The Sunshine Band... I LOVE it. If you saw me right now, you would see me swaying and rocking to the beat and possibly singing. Even though I don't know the words!

Anyway, all this is to say that I am severely in love with music. And my favorite part is whenever I borrow Kirky Lirky's car, he leaves it on my current favorite station - 94.1 fm which I believe is a get out your dancing shoes, 70's disco station.
Alright, so maybe Kirk only leaves it on that station because he listens to his iPod when he drives. It's ok though. Because part of me believes that he actually DOES leave it on that station just for me. Because he loves me. And that's allllllll that matters.

6 comments:

Juliana said...

You wont believe it but i've seen KC and the Sunshine Band live... i liked it too dont worry!

ryanandmindy said...

haha..(just laughing because your posts make me smile and "VIVIAN" priceless. i need to figure out that quote STAT.
and i'm pretty sure it's a general rule that if you're going to listen to "if it makes you happy"..you have to blare it. common knowledge. just sayin'

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Vivian... lol. I am obsessed with you Alix. What the heck is Vivian from again? I always forget.I guess Mindy knows all about the Cheryl Crow rules, but I missed the memo. My apologies.

Darren and Brandi said...

I'm glad I could sway you. I don't think I remember a time sitting in your bedroom in high school when music wasn't on. Probably one of my favorite things about your bedroom. Oh the good old days!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

you call yourself vivian? really? AWESOME! that would be a cute little girls name!
you should check out Tom Pretty and CCR-Creedence Clearwater Revival. they are my FAVs right now :)

trudy...{and jamo} said...

and steve miller band...